“Extreme droughts could lead to widespread death of eucalypts from embolisms, researchers say.
ArborCarbon scientists have co-authored publications that have investigated the link between bioclimate events like drought to the decline of eucalypt forests in Western Australi.
- Some trees can shrink the width of their water transport vessels in response to lack of water
- Eucalypts are not able to do this which puts them at risk of developing air bubbles in their vessels
- This would make them vulnerable to extreme heatwaves and drought due to climate change”
Read the Article on ABC Science
Arborcarbon want to help you build a legacy of thriving trees and sustainable ecosystems.
We are the most qualified vegetation health experts in the Asia Pacific region providing services in diagnosis, monitoring and sustainable management of vegetation
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Multispectral and Hyperspectral Sensors and UAVs
- Tree Health – Nutrient Implants
- Tree Health – Plant Disease Test Kits
- Remote Sensing
- Urban Forestry and Aboriculture
- Dieback & Tree Health Management
- Plant Pathology and Biosecurity
- Carbon and Biomass Assessment
- Expert Witness
- User Interface & Field Scouting App
- Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday: By appointment.
- Sunday: Closed.